March 21, 2012
It's true. There is another contender for the Trustee position. The individual will file their papers next week. Oh, now this is going to be fun!
March 20, 2012 Update
There is talk of someone challenging Alan Webb for the Trustee position coming up April 21, 2012. That's good news. Elections should be interesting and you need more than one candidate to stir interest. Time is running out - should hear this week. If I was a candidate, these are a few things I would fight for:
- Throw out the ridiculous "negotiated" Water Agreement with Kensington Island Properties behind closed doors with 2 of the Board Trustees unaware a 'negotiator' had been appointed. Three elected Trustees intentionally preventing the other Trustees from obtaining information vital to our community. Water - again, it's always been about the water.
- Employ a real 'Negotiator' who will be expected to obtain the best outcome for all of Union Bay instead of the 'giveaway' that took place because of ignorance. Why should we pay the price?
- Ensure employees are trained in the basics of the powers they have and their limitations. Ensure employees can be professional performing their duties.
- Push for log books to determine how much time and money is actually required to run the district.
- I'd tell you the truth!
ya, that's a good start.
March 10, 2012This is the time to ask the candidates questions and review TAG as a watchdog group controlled by our government.
A couple of questions I believe deserve an open and honest answer. Are these questions inappropriate, if so , why? Everyone makes mistakes. It's how they deal with those mistakes. Admit, apologize and move on or spend their time trying to cover up/divert, etc. More to come....
- Did the existing 5 elected Trustees discuss advising the public of a legal decision with false information at a caucus meeting of TAG?
- Did anyone from TAG or on behalf of TAG speak to a candidate in the October 2011 by-election influencing the withdrawal of the candidate?
It's that time of year. I'm surprised how quiet things are as residents believe all is well and are once again content to sit back and believe they are being told everything.
As usual, I have a number of questions, including ones which have already been deemed as inappropriate - translation - dirty little secrets.
The individuals who control TAG have blessed Alan Webb with their nomination, and are hoping no one else will run.
I never like any one group or one person in control. Now that we have all five Trustees as TAG members, they represent a political party. The focus stays on maintaining control of the Board instead of the focus being on what is best for the community. Decisions have been made in the past based on an election rather than on the facts and situation, costing the community money and unnecessary anxiety.
It doesn't seem to strike anyone odd that the same individual controls TAG and the information its members receive, is the same individual who is the Chair of the Union Bay Improvement District, and recently advised TAG members there were no issues at this time. Am I missing something?